Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Singapore Singaporean

I have been writing about my hobbies for a while. Being away from home for a period of time, I have decided to write some of my personal feeling about Singapore Singaporean.. : )

I am the second generation Singaporean born in Singapore. I have had the benefits of hearing how my grandparents (who came from Hainan Island - China) stuggled to make a living working as maid & gardener for the British colonial master, while my dad received his education via scholarship.

Now, I am working overseas but my family stay back home in Singapore. Whenever, I am traveling back home during home leave, I have alway enjoyed the peaceful and smooth ride home via the expressway. Looking at the well designed infrastructure as well as the trees and greenery, I am glad that we have made so much progress, where Singapore is home!

No comments: